Is a Buckeye Service Dog right for you?
If you are able to answer “Yes” to the following remarks, BSD may be a good match for you as a service dog provider:
- Live in Ohio
- Live in an adjacent state but there is no suitable service dog provider in my area.
- Need a dog for a diagnosed physical or psychiatric disability.
- Seeking a seizure dog because I have at least two breakthrough seizures per week.
- I am at least 12 years old. If younger, a parent will be the primary dog handler.
- Have read the BSD fee section and have the ability to pay, or receives a DODD waiver.
- Please begin by reading the website. In particular, the FAQ, ABOUT, and FEE Sections. Also read the article on selecting a service dog trainer or organization.
- If you meet the criteria in the previous section, please fill out the application and submit.
- BSD will contact you after you have submitted the application.
- If it appears you we are a good match, an assessment interview will be arranged.
- After the interview, you will receive a written summary of the appointment which will include a price quote if it appears BSD is a good fit for your situation.
- If we move forward, BSD will begin searching for a dog to meet your needs as soon as we receive your initial payment.
Link to Application:
Service Dog Application: http://www.buckeyeservicedogs.com/application/
NOTE: The best way to contact Christy Talbert, Owner of BSD, is by email. Please read the website and then contact her at BuckeyeServiceDogs@gmail.com with any questions you may have.